- Sign up for Westport’s
- Change as many lightbulbs in your house to Compact Fluorescent Bulbs.
- Recycle and pre-cycle.
- Change your thermostat setting from 70 degrees to 68. Consider buying a programmable thermostat.
- Take shorter showers. You’ll save energy by reducing your hot water use and you’ll save water too.
- Turn off electronics when not in use. Beware of the vampires!
- Drive smarter. There are so many tips and strategies to increase your miles-per-gallon. Great for the environment – great for your wallet.
- Buy local. Buy organic. Shop at the Farmer’s Market in season.
- Bring your own cloth bags when shopping.
- Buy an alternative energy vehicle. Hybrids, electric, bicycles. Better yet – use mass transit or walk to the store or work.
There are so many other things to do; and countless sites, books, organizations and TV/radio shows that list a vast array of ways to “green your life.”
Be a part of the solution. Take the We Green Westport Pledge. Tell your neighbors, family and friends about your efforts. Be a green ambassador – help them to green their lives.